Sunday, April 22, 2007

Conspiracy Theories

Are any of them real?



I mean, the ones now. I know there are some that historically ended up coming true. Like the General Motors streetcar conspiracy, the Tuskegee Study of Untreated Syphilis in the Negro Male, and the Pearl Harbor advance-knowledge debate.

But the ones I'm really talking about are the present day debates. For instance, that 9/11 was an inside job. I'm inclined to believe that it wasn't. But there are compelling arguments. Like the documentary Loose Change 9/11. After watching this film, I was convinced that 9/11 WAS an inside job. But now, I'm not so sure. After reading the Popular Mechanics: Debunking The 9/11 Myths - Mar. 2005 Cover Story, which was emailed by a friend of mine, I began to have my doubts. Yet, there are still unanswered questions. Like, what about Building 7?

Maybe the idea with Conspiracy Theories is that they're like organized religions. You can prove or disprove them all you want, but if someone wants to believe or not believe, unless they're logical and reasonable people, they're going to do what they want.