Thursday, May 24, 2007

sadness in the move

Talked to mom today. She's giving away Eddie and Millie. They are beautiful and I will miss them. Mom cried a lot on the phone with me. And I am sad. For all of us. I will miss the beautiful rolling hills, the luscious grass, the horses across the way, and the awesome vistas and sunsets. But I will not miss the RVA skeletons in my closet. And for that, I am glad they are moving. Our lives are up here. And in my heart of hearts, I hope it will be a good move. A good decision. And if it's not, I will feel worse.

Mary Anne, you are the Mother Theresa of our family. All of the time that you spent caring for us and our pets,secures your place in my heart, and your title as the hero of us all. The tears that you shed for our Eddie and Millie, are all of our tears, and our love as they leave us all. You are my one and only mother. Don't be sad. Be strong. You have a new journey ahead of you. And infinite possibilities. The pets will forget us, but we will never forget them. And we will always be a family. And there is no bond stronger than that one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Alright, Dan....this is your mother Teresa writing at 4am...Crying again. Very sweet, heartfelt words, much appreciated, as all your words are to me.
I think we have all gained by living in the country, loving furry animals, following our dreams, and allowing ourselves to be vulnerable. It probably shouldn't feel safe all the time, right?

I love you so much, and I look forward to having you nearer!

XXOO